Qld Work Health & Safety - HSR NCB01 (Health & Safety Representative) Training Courses
Ballistic Training Solutions is approved by Workplace Health & Safety Queensland to deliver the 5 Day workplace Health & Safety Representative Training and 1 Day Health & Safety Representative Training programs as defined in the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act 2011.
Qld Health & Safety Representative Initial 5 Day Course
This course will provide you with the knowledge & skills required to fulfill the role of a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) in Queensland, as set down in Section 72 of the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act 2011.
A HSR must possess an understanding of the WHS legislation and how it relates to your workplace to fulfill your responsibilities to co-workers and workers for whom you represent.
Through this course you will learn about the legislative requirements and how these link to maintaining a safe workplace.
Throughout the course we will work through the legislative requirements, your obligations as a HSR and the importance of consultation in the workplace
Key areas covered in the course
• Interpreting the WHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
• Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties.
• Establishing representation in the workplace.
• Participation in consultation and issue resolution.
• Representing members in the work health and safety risk management process undertaken by the persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU).
• Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the Cessation of Work.
All materials required for the completion of the 5 Day HSR Course will be provided by Ballistic Training Solutions including links for legislation and other resources that you may require.
Mode of Delivery
Face to face (five days)This course is conducted in accordance with the criteria set by Queensland Workplace Health & Safety.
Award On successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attendance
The Cost of this 5 Day Face to Face Qld HSR Course is $700
Qld Health & Safety Representative Initial 1Day Annual Refresher Course
This course meets the requirements for elected HSRs under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act. It is 7-hour program tailored to build knowledge related to specific legislative and HSR skills development and provide with an overview of the learning outcomes covered in the five-day initial training and 3 day Course in functioning as a WHS Rep. Under section 21 of the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 2011, HSR's elected by their coworkers are entitled to attend a one day refresher training each year, commencing 1 year after their initial training. The WHS Act commenced on 1 January 2012 and incorporate the harmonized WHS framework from which the states, territories and the Commonwealth are required to implement their own WHS legislation.
This course will provide HSRs with additional information and skills required for HSRs under the new WHS legislation including:
• an understanding of Work Health & Safety legislation;
• an understanding of how WHS applies to their role as elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSR); and
• the additional knowledge and skills necessary to use their powers under the new WHS legislation in issuing Provisional Improvement Notices and directing unsafe work to cease.
The course is intended to assist HSRs and deputy HSRs understand how the WHS legislation will influence health and safety outcomes in their workplace. The course aims to familiarize participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil their role as HSRs.
Key areas covered in the course
• Interpreting the work health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
• Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
• Establishing representation in the workplace
• Participating in consultation and issue resolution
• Representing members in the WHS risk management process undertaken by the PCBU
• Issuing a Provisional Notice (PIN) and directing the Cessation of Work
The target audience for delivery of this course includes all elected WHS Committee members or WHS Representatives in QLD who are HSRs under the WHS Act and wish to maintain their knowledge in order to continue functioning as a workplace Health and Safety Representative.
Initial training is considered to be either a 5 day HSR course or the 3 day Course in Functioning as a WHS Rep 30630 QLD . If you have not completed one of these courses then you will be required so complete the 5 day HSR training course before you would be entitled to attend a 1 day HSR refresher course. NOTE: Evidence (Certificate/Statement) that you have completed either the 5 day HSR or 3 day Course in Functioning as a WHS Rep 30630 QLD will be required at time of enrolment.
All materials required for the completion of the 1 Day HSR refresher course will be provided by Ballistic Training Solutions including links for legislation and other resources that you may require.Mode of DeliveryOne Day face to faceThis course is conducted in accordance with the criteria set by Queensland Workplace Health & Safety.Award On successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attendance
The Cost of this 1 Day Face to Face Qld HSR Refresher Course is $350
We can tailor a nationally recognised business/management training program for your team members or specific individuals including:
Business Owners / Operators
PCBU's & Officers
Industry Tailored Training focused on your individual learning needs!
Course details and pre-requisite information is available on the specific course overview pages. To review your personal training needs don't hesitate to email us a copy of your current qualifications, experience and resume and we can review a tailored training plan to meet your specific requirements.