BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
The BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification is suitable for people working in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) role who work to provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Available Units of Competency
BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work (A)
BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors (A)
BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes (A)
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace (B)
BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships (I)
Entry Requirements / Pre-Requisites
Qualification Structuring Rules
To be awarded the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety competency must be achieved in 10 units comprising of:
· 5 core units plus
· 5 elective units, of which:
· 3 units must be from Group A below
· 2 units may be from Group A, Group B or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
· if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate III or Diploma from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
· Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Face to face, workplace assisted and remote delivery support strategies available.
12 Months tailored depending on student & client requirements. Options include Student Self-Paced Workbook and Project Delivery supported by ongoing Trainer/Assessor Assistance, worksite workshop delivery linked to worksite operational employment activities supported by Trainer/Assessor visits. Each client’s requirements being considered, some homework activity and student time management will be important to ensure we maintain the volume of learning requirements on this qualification. 12 Months can be extended by the student through an application process.
Cost is determined based on the individual student requirements, assessment strategy and any potential funding applicable.
As an indicative guide the following options are available with this program:
· Qld User Choice Program Eligible - No
· Qld Certificate III Guarantee Eligible Program - No
· Non-Funded Full Course Fee - $1820
· RPL Assessment - (Available based on individual student circumstances and will vary depending on number of units you successfully gain recognition for, the fee structure of the course and any assessment or gap training requirements. You will be provided with an approximate cost based on your RPL application and agreed course training plan)
· Construction Skills Queensland Funded Course - Yes
Full details of fees and charges are available from Ballistic Training Solutions by contacting one of our consultants to discuss your individual requirements.
On successful completion you will receive a BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety nationally recognised qualification. In the event that you do not successfully complete the entire program, you will be awarded nationally recognised Statement of Attainments for each successfully completed Unit in the Qualification.
The BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is in the Business Services Training Package and links to further training opportunities at the Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Post Graduate Study level in Work Health and Safety.
Health & Safety Advisors, Work Safety Officers, Site Safety Contacts, Safety Supervisors.
Where to from here
If you are currently employed in the Work Health and Safety field looking to upgrade your skills or looking to change industry and take up a new career in the Occupational Health and Safety Sector field, contact the Team at Ballistic Training Today!