BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
The BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the Work Health and Safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Available Units of Competency
· BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS Consultation& participation processes (Core)
· BSBWHS503 Contribute to systematic management of WHS Risk (Core)
· BSBWHS504 Manage WHS Hazards & Risks (Core)
· BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS Incidents (Core)
· BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing, & maintaining WHS management systems (Core)
· BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information management systems (A)
· BSBWHS508 Manage WHS Hazards associated with plant (A)
· BSBWHS509 Facilitate the development and use of hazard management tools (A)
· BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures (A)
Entry Requirements / Pre-Requisites
All core units in BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies.
Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
· BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
· BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
· BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
· BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
· BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Qualification Structuring Rules
To be awarded the BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety competency must be achieved in 9 units comprising of:
· 5 core units plus
· 4 elective units, of which:
· at least 3 units must be Group A below
· the remaining unit may be from Group A or Group B below or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
· Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Face to face, workplace assisted and remote delivery support strategies available.
12 Months tailored depending on student & client requirements. Options include Student Self-Paced Workbook and Project Delivery supported by ongoing Trainer/Assessor Assistance, worksite workshop delivery linked to worksite operational employment activities supported by Trainer/Assessor visits. Each client’s requirements being considered, some homework activity and student time management will be important to ensure we maintain the volume of learning requirements on this qualification. 12 Months can be extended by the student through an application process.
Cost is determined based on the individual student requirements, assessment strategy and any potential funding applicable.
As an indicative guide the following options are available with this program:
· Qld User Choice Program Eligible - No
· Qld Certificate III Guarantee Eligible Program - No
· Non-Funded Full Course Fee - $2520
· RPL Assessment - (Available based on individual student circumstances and will vary depending on number of units you successfully gain recognition for, the fee structure of the course and any assessment or gap training requirements. You will be provided with an approximate cost based on your RPL application and agreed course training plan)
· Construction Skills Qld Funded Course - Yes
Full details of fees and charges are available from Ballistic Training Solutions by contacting one of our consultants to discuss your individual requirements.
On successful completion you will receive a BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety nationally recognised qualification. In the event that you do not successfully complete the entire program, you will be awarded nationally recognised Statement of Attainments for each successfully completed Unit in the Qualification.
The BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety is in the Business Services Training Package and links to further training opportunities at the Advanced Diploma and Post Graduate Study level in Work Health and Safety.
Health & Safety Officers, Health & Safety Managers, Work Safety Supervisors, Business Owners, Site Supervisors.
Where to from here
If you are currently employed in the Work Health and Safety Field and are looking to upgrade your skills or change industries and take up a new career in the Occupational Health and Safety Sector, contact the Team at Ballistic Training Today!