AHC31416 Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
The AHC31416 Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management qualification provides a general vocational outcome in the conservation and land management industry.
The qualification enables individuals to select an Indigenous land management, lands, parks and wildlife or natural area management context as a job focus or a mix of these.
No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Available Units of Competency
· AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health & safety processes (Core)
· AHCWRK309 Apply environmentally sustainable work practice (Core)
· AHCNAR301 Maintain natural areas (A)
· AHCBIO302 Identify & Report unusual disease or plant pest signs (B)
· AHCCHM303 Prepare & apply chemicals (B)
· AHCCHM304 Transport & store chemicals (B)
· AHCMOM304 Operate machinery & equipment (B)
· AHCNAR306 Conduct photography for field work (B)
· AHCNAR307 Read & interpret maps (B)
· AHCPMG301 Control weeds (A)
· AHCPMG302 Control plant pest, disease & disorders (A)
· AHCPMG305 Survey Pests (A)
· AHCPMG306 Determine pest control techniques (A)
· AHCPMG308 Implement pest management strategies (A)
· AHCNAR303 Implement revegetation works (A)
· AHCNAR305 Collect native seed (A)
· AHCFAU201 Recognise fauna (B)
· AHCPCM303 Identify plant specimens (B)
· AHCWRK311 Conduct Site inspections (A)
· BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents (B)
· BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment & risk control (I)
Entry Requirements / Pre-Requisites
Qualification Structuring Rules
To be awarded the AHC31416 Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management competency must be achieved in 16 units comprising of:
· 2 core units plus
· 14 elective units
· Elective units must ensure the integrity of the qualification’s Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome. The electives are to be chosen as follows:
· at least 4 must be selected Group A
· at least 6 units must be selected from the remaining units in Group A or Group B, or from the Prerequisite Requirements list if a unit is a required for packaging the qualification
· a maximum of 4 units may be selected from the remaining units listed in this qualification or from units aligned to Certificate II, III or IV qualifications in this Training Package or from any other currently endorsed Training Package or Accredited Course.
Face to face, workplace assisted and remote delivery support strategies available.
12 Months tailored depending on student & client requirements. Options include Student Self-Paced Workbook and Project Delivery supported by ongoing Trainer/Assessor Assistance, worksite workshop delivery linked to worksite operational employment activities supported by Trainer/Assessor visits. Each client’s requirements being considered, some homework activity and student time management will be important to ensure we maintain the volume of learning requirements on this qualification. 12 Months can be extended by the student through an application process.
Cost is determined based on the individual student requirements, assessment strategy and any potential funding applicable.
As an indicative guide the following options are available with this program:
· Qld User Choice Program Eligible - Yes (See User Choice Details)
· Qld Certificate III Guarantee Eligible Program - Yes (See Certificate III Guarantee Details)
· Non-Funded Full Course Fee - $4600
· RPL Assessment - (Available based on individual student circumstances and will vary depending on number of units you successfully gain recognition for, the fee structure of the course and any assessment or gap training requirements. You will be provided with an approximate cost based on your RPL application and agreed course training plan)
Full details of fees and charges are available from Ballistic Training Solutions by contacting one of our consultants to discuss your individual requirements.
On successful completion you will receive a AHC31416 Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management nationally recognised qualification. In the event that you do not successfully complete the entire program, you will be awarded nationally recognised Statement of Attainments for each successfully completed Unit in the Qualification.
AHC31416 Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management is in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package and links to further advanced studies such as the AHC51116 Diploma of Conservation & Land Management, or a range of post graduate study areas.
Park Ranger/Wildlife Officer/ Primary Producer/ Research Officer/ Pest Management Specialist
Where to from here
If you are current employed in the Conservation and Land Management field looking to upgrade your skills or looking to change industry and take up a new career in the Environmental Conservation field contact the Team at Ballistic Training Today!