10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Equivalent to superseded 30989QLD Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licencing in Queensland)
This course meets the requirement in Queensland under the Weapons Act 1990 that licence applicants complete a course approved by the
Commissioner of Police in firearms/weapons safety training.
It prepares Weapons Act licence applicants who may be deemed to be fit and proper persons and with genuine reasons under the Weapons Act 1990 with the knowledge and applied skills to possess and use firearms/weapons lawfully, responsibly and safely so making them eligible to obtain Qld Weapons Act licences in one or more of the following categories of firearms/weapons based on the genuine needs of the individual:
Categories A, B, C, D, H & M
The course also provides necessary firearms/weapons safety training for :
· Queensland Police Service staff, who as part of their duties require the physical possession of firearms/weapons.
· officers in other government departments (government service entities) who possess and use firearms/weapons as part of their normal duties including seed gathering and animal tagging, euthanasing and culling.
· Knowledge of applicable State/National Legislation
· Demonstrated competency in Safe Use, handling, storage of firearms per State/Territory legislation for Categories of firearms license being assessed (A/B/C/D/H or M)
· Application of State/Territory legislation in respect to responsible firearms ownership
· Demonstrate safe range and in the field operation of firearms
· Demonstrate knowledge and details on genuine reason and ongoing requirements
· Understand the license application and Permit to Acquire processes applicable to firearms in your State/Territory
On completion of the course successful participants are issued with a Statement of Attainment, which must accompany an application for a Queensland Firearms License. Ballistic Training Solutions Pty Ltd can facilitates courses in Category A/B/C/D/M & H per the Qld Weapons Licensing Category requirements.
Category A/B Safety Course
This Course covers the legislative requirements for Category A/B Firearms Licensing applicable to Sports, Target, Recreational,& Professional Shooters & Collectors.
Firearms included covered by this category include: Air rifles, Paintball Markers, Muzzle Loaders, Rimfire rifles, shotguns and centrefire rifles that are either single shot or manual repeating firearms (lever action bolt etc)
Category H Safety Course
This Course covers the legislative requirements for Category H Firearms Licensing applicable to Collectors, Sports, & Target shooting and occupational license requirements such as VET, Primary Producer/Farmers.
Firearms included covered by this category include: Air Pistols, Rimfire Pistols, Centrefire Pistols up to .38 and Centrefire Pistols up to .45 with single shot, revolver or semi-automatic actions.
Category C Safety Course
This Course covers the legislative requirements for Category C Firearms Licensing applicable to Sports, & Target shooting in Approved Clay Target Shooting events by suitably authorized individuals per state/territory legislation.
Firearms included covered by this category include: Semi automatic & pump action Shotguns.
Category C & D Safety Course
This Course covers the legislative requirements for Category C & D Firearms Licensing applicable to Collectors & Occupational shooters.
Firearms included covered by this category include: Semi Automatic & Pump Action Shotguns, Semi Automatic Rimfire & Centrefire rifles.
Category M Safety Course
This Course covers the legislative requirements for Category M Crossbow Licensing applicable to Collectors, Sports, Target & approved Recreational shooting only.
Firearms included covered by this category include: Crossbows.
Collectors Safety Course
This Course covers the legislative requirements for a Collectors Licence (heirloom) or Collectors Licence (Weapons) and covers the following categories as applicable to individual Licence requirements:
Category A/B/C/D/E/H/M/R Weapons.
Course lengths vary dependent on the number of participants, type of course and learning outcome requirements for student competency. As a rough Guide you should allow at least 8 hours per day of the scheduled course to cover both the theory and practical assessment requirements. (Specific details on participation requirements & training outcome requirements will be discussed as part of your enrolment)
Depending on Federal/State/Territory legislation there are specific requirements for access use, storage and transport of firearms and associated equipment.
It is important that you are conversant with your State/Territory legislation and how it applies to your licence and planned activities.
Further information is available via your state/territory Police Services Firearms Licencing branch.
It is imperative that you ensure that:
· You are not a prohibited person from obtaining/maintaining a licence, firearms & ammunition.
· You have a genuine reason to possess, use or store firearms and/or ammunition per state/territory licencing
· You maintain your genuine reason for ongoing possession per state/territory legislation
· You are familiar with the operating requirements stipulated for any licence issued and only utilise equipment approved under this licence for the approved activities stipulated as part of the licence approval
· You ensure your details are maintained with the relevant state/territory licensing authorities
· You maintain your firearms and associated equipment in good working order per manufacturers guidelines
· You do not allow unauthorised access to your firearms, ammunition or related equipment per state/territory licencing requirements.
· You understand that your firearms are your responsibility at all times
· Your actions and safety habits affect others and it is your responsibility to demonstrate your positive safety and responsible firearms commitment at all times.
If you are in doubt FIND OUT!
Further licensing information is available via your State/Territory Firearms Licensing Branch
PRICING VARIES DEPENDENT ON THE CATEGORY REQUIREMENTS AND LOCATION OF COURSE - AS A GUIDE THE FOLLOWING PRICES FOR GENERAL COURSES CAN BE USED AS A GUIDE:
CATEGORY A/B - $130
CATEGORY H - $140
Category A/B/H - $160
Group Booking Discounts Apply for Groups of 5 or more
Category C/D/M - PLEASE CONTACT US VIA EMAIL: or PHONE 1300 738 098 TO OBTAIN A CUSTOMIZED QUOTE BASED ON YOUR NEEDS