RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
This course is aimed at providing candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake work at heights safely and competently, covering selection, inspection and safe use of equipment; risk management; and requirements of relevant Australian Standards, company procedures and legislation. The course practically applies these and other safe work practices.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors.
Available Units of Competency
· RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights (Elective)
Entry Requirements / Pre-Requisites
Qualification Structuring Rules
Unit: 1 Unit - RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
Face to face, workplace assisted and remote delivery support strategies available.
1 - 2 Days depending on student & client requirements, worksite workshop delivery linked to worksite operational employment activities supported by Trainer/Assessor visits. Each client’s requirements being considered.
Utilisation of harness and working at height activities will be required as part of the assessment activities in this unit.
Cost is determined based on the individual student requirements, assessment strategy and any potential funding applicable.
As an indicative guide the following options are available with this program:
· Qld User Choice Program Eligible - No
· Qld Certificate III Guarantee Eligible Program - No
· Non-Funded Full Course Fee - $260
· RPL Assessment Fee – N/A
Full details of fees and charges are available from Ballistic Training Solutions by contacting one of our consultants to discuss your individual requirements.
On successful completion you will receive a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
This program is part of the AHC Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package along with a variety of other Industry Training packages and links to further qualifications at the Certificate II, Certificate III, Certificate IV levels.
· Construction workers
· Primary Producers
· Research Officers / Wildlife Officers
· Aerial shooters – Harness Operators
· Anyone undertaking working activities from height with a potential to fall from one level to another
Summary of Learning & Competency Outcomes
· locate and apply relevant documentation, policies and procedures
· demonstrate completion of working safely at heights that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion including:
· access, interpret and apply technical and safety information for working at heights
· assess hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
· selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
· identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
· checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
· performing work safely at heights
· names and functions of equipment, components and materials
· complying with equipment manufacturer’s instructions and specifications
· safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
· adhering to statutory and regulatory authority requirements
· the nature of work undertaken at heights
· complying with heights safety systems
· the processes of providing for safe working practices
· using safety equipment/systems and considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
· complying with safe work methods
Where to from here
If you are undertaking work at height, have a need to update your safe working at height certification or would like to familiarise yourself with the procedures for working safely at heights contact the Team at Ballistic Training Today!