BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
The BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety qualification is suitable for skilled operators who take on Work Health and Safety (WHS) responsibilities in addition to their main duties. They may provide technical advice and support to a team and apply a range of competencies in varied work contexts.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication
Available Units of Competency
· BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS Legislation in the workplace (Core)
· BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control (Core)
· BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes (Core)
· BSBWHS305 Contribute to WHS issue resolution (Core)
· PAUWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations (Core)
· BSBINM301 Organise workplace information (Elective)
· BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents (Elective)
· BSBWRT301 Write simple documents (Elective)
· BSBWHS410 Contribute to work related health and safety measures and initiatives (Elective)
· BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development (Elective)
· BSBADM311 Maintain business resources (Elective)
· BSBITU301 Create and use databases (Elective)
Entry Requirements / Pre-Requisites
Qualification Structuring Rules
To be awarded the BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety competency must be achieved in 12 units comprising of:
· 5 core units plus
· 5 elective units, of which:
· 3 units must be from the elective units below
· 2 units may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
· If not listed, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate II or Certificate IV from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
· Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Face to face, workplace assisted and remote delivery support strategies available.
12 Months tailored depending on student & client requirements. Options include Student Self-Paced Workbook and Project Delivery supported by ongoing Trainer/Assessor Assistance, worksite workshop delivery linked to worksite operational employment activities supported by Trainer/Assessor visits. Each client’s requirements being considered, some homework activity and student time management will be important to ensure we maintain the volume of learning requirements on this qualification. 12 Months can be extended by the student through an application process.
Cost is determined based on the individual student requirements, assessment strategy and any potential funding applicable.
As an indicative guide the following options are available with this program:
· Qld User Choice Program Eligible - Yes (See User Choice Details)
· Qld Certificate III Guarantee Eligible Program - No
· Non-Funded Full Course Fee - $1820
· RPL Assessment - (Available based on individual student circumstances and will vary depending on number of units you successfully gain recognition for, the fee structure of the course and any assessment or gap training requirements. You will be provided with an approximate cost based on your RPL application and agreed course training plan)
Full details of fees and charges are available from Ballistic Training Solutions by contacting one of our consultants to discuss your individual requirements.
On successful completion you will receive a BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety nationally recognised qualification. In the event that you do not successfully complete the entire program, you will be awarded nationally recognised Statement of Attainments for each successfully completed Unit in the Qualification.
The BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety is in the Business Services Training Package and links to further training opportunities at the Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Post Graduate Study level in Work Health and Safety.
Health & Safety Advisors, Work Safety Officers, Site Safety Contacts
Where to from here
If you are current employed in the Work Health and Safety field looking to upgrade your skills or looking to change industry and take up a new career in the Occupational Health and Safety Sector contact the Team at Ballistic Training Today!