AVI30516 Certificate III in Aviation (Aerodrome Operations)
This qualification provides individuals with technical and non-technical aviation skills to operate effectively in a broad range of aerodrome operations roles. Individuals working at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy and judgement and to take limited responsibility in known and stable contexts within established parameters. This qualification forms some of the requirements for certification as a Works Safety Officer (WSO) by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as described in Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 139 Aerodromes.
People seeking certification should check these requirements with CASA.
Use for Defence Aviation is to be in accordance with relevant Defence Orders, Instructions, Publications and Regulations.
Available Units of Competency
· AVIB3005 Inspect and report on aerodrome serviceability (Core)
· AVIB3007 Inspect and report on obstacle limitation surfaces (Core)
· AVIC2001 Drive on the airside (Core)
· AVIO3001 Monitor Airside Access and airside driving (Core)
· AVIZ1005 Maintain basic situational awareness in an aviation workplace (Core)
· AVIB3006 Inspect and report on serviceability of aerodrome lighting systems (Elective)
· AVIE0001 Operate aeronautical radio (Elective)
· AVIE3003 Complete a Notice to Airmen (Elective)
· BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control (Elective)
· AVIF3012 Apply relevant laws and regulations to the operation of an aerodrome (Elective)
· AVIF3025 Facilitate the safety of aerodrome works and work site access (Elective)
· AVIO2001 Use firearms on an aerodrome to control wildlife hazards (Elective)
· AVIW3023 Implement wildlife hazard control measures (Elective)
· BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development (Elective)
· PUAWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations (Elective)
Entry Requirements / Pre-Requisites
Qualification Structuring Rules
To be awarded the AVI30516 Certificate III in Aviation (Aerodrome Operations) competency must be achieved in 14 units comprising of:
· 5 core units listed above plus
· 9 general elective units from the general elective units listed above. Up to 4 of the general elective units may be selected from any relevant nationally endorsed Training Package or accredited course. The general elective units must contribute to the vocational outcomes of the qualification.
Where imported units are selected, care must be taken to ensure that all prerequisite units specified are complied with.
Face to face, workplace assisted and remote delivery support strategies available.
12 Months workplace delivery
Cost is determined based on the individual student requirements, assessment strategy and any potential funding applicable.
As an indicative guide the following options are available with this program:
Qld User Choice Program Eligible - No
Qld Certificate III Guarantee Eligible Program - No
Non-Funded Full Course Fee - $3800
RPL Assessment - $1900
Full details of fees and charges are available from Ballistic Training Solutions by contacting one of our consultants to discuss your individual requirements.
On successful completion you will receive a AVI30516 Certificate III in Aviation (Aerodrome Operations) nationally recognised qualification. In the event that you do not successfully complete the entire program, you will be awarded nationally recognised Statement of Attainments for each successfully completed Unit in the Qualification.
AVI30516 Certificate III in Aviation (Aerodrome Operations)is in the Aviation Training Package and links to further study opportunities at a Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma level. commercial pilot operations.
Aerodrome Reporting Officer, Airport Safety Officer, Airside Operations Officer, Operations Officer, Works Safety Officer. Note: ‘WSO’ is defined as ‘a person appointed in writing as a Works Safety Officer for the purpose of ensuring the safe conduct of aerodrome works’ (in accordance with CASR).
Where to from here
If you are current employed in the process plant operations field looking to upgrade your skills or looking to change industry and take up a new career in the Aviation Industry in Airside Operations or Wildlife Hazard Management contact the Team at Ballistic Training Today!