AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural Operations
This qualification provides an occupational outcome in agriculture, horticulture and conservation land management and at least one and up to four other related industries.
Individuals with this qualification perform tasks in a variety of contexts, which involve some judgement in selecting equipment and services. Depending on the units selected individuals will be able to seek employment not only in rural industries but also other industry sectors, such as local government, tourism, hospitality, transport, construction, information technology and metals.
No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Core Units of Competency
· AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health & safety processes
· AHCWRK309 Apply environmentally sustainable work practice
Elective Units of Competency
· AHCBIO301 - Identify and report signs of unusual disease or pest
· AHCCHM307 - Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
· AHCCHM304 - Transport and store chemicals
· AHCMOM304 - Operate machinery and equipment
· AHCMOM213 - Operate and maintain chainsaws
· AHCPCM205 - Fell small trees
· AHCPMG301 - Control weeds
· AHCPMG302 - Control Plat pest, diseases and disorders
· AHCPMG305 - Survey Pests
· AHCPMG306 - Determine Pest control techniques
· AHCPMG308 - Implement pest management strategies
· AHCWRK311 - Conduct site inspections
· AHCBIO203 - Inspect and clean machinery, tools and equipment to preserve biosecurity
· TLID1001 - Shift materials using manual handling methods
Entry Requirements / Pre-Requisites
Qualification Structuring Rules
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
16 units of competency:
2 core units plus
14 elective units.
Elective units must ensure the integrity of the qualification’s Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome. The electives are to be chosen as follows:
select at least 6 units from Certificate III qualifications in the AHC endorsed Training Package
up to 8 units aligned to AQF levels 2, 3, or 4 qualifications may be selected from up to 4 currently endorsed Training Packages or Accredited Courses.
Face to face, workplace assisted and remote delivery support strategies available.
12 Months tailored depending on student & client requirements. Options include Student Self-Paced Workbook and Project Delivery supported by ongoing Trainer/Assessor Assistance, worksite workshop delivery linked to worksite operational employment activities supported by Trainer/Assessor visits. Each client’s requirements being considered, some homework activity and student time management will be important to ensure we maintain the volume of learning requirements on this qualification. 12 Months can be extended by the student through an application process.
Cost is determined based on the individual student requirements, assessment strategy and any potential funding applicable.
As an indicative guide the following options are available with this program:
· Qld User Choice Program Eligible - No
· Qld Certificate III Guarantee Eligible Program - No
· Non-Funded Full Course Fee - $4600
· RPL Assessment - (Available based on individual student circumstances and will vary depending on number of units you successfully gain recognition for, the fee structure of the course and any assessment or gap training requirements. You will be provided with an approximate cost based on your RPL application and agreed course training plan)
Full details of fees and charges are available from Ballistic Training Solutions by contacting one of our consultants to discuss your individual requirements.
On successful completion you will receive a AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural Operations nationally recognised qualification. In the event that you do not successfully complete the entire program, you will be awarded nationally recognised Statement of Attainments for each successfully completed Unit in the Qualification.
AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural Operations is in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package and links to further advanced studies such as the AHC51120 Diploma of Conservation & Land Management, or a range of post graduate study areas.
Park Ranger/Wildlife Officer/ Primary Producer/ Research Officer/ Pest Management Specialist
Where to from here
If you are currently employed in the Conservation and Land Management field looking to upgrade your skills or looking to change industry and take up a new career in the Environmental Conservation field contact the Team at Ballistic Training Today!